Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Good work if you can get it!

I met a female friend at Brazillian Court in Palm Beach last week who wanted to know something about men in New York who work in finance. She said that she had a male friend who was a Hedge Fund manager in NYC who revealed that his “M O” was to date one woman seriously while he dated other women casually on the side.

He would tell the women he was serious with that he was working towards marriage with her and tell the other women that he was in a serious relationship but wasn’t fully satisfied. That way he constantly had a little “harem” of his own without having to get married. So let me ask you this.

What percentage of single men in NYC do you think actually behave this way?

5 comments:

Techwizard said...

My dear Cass,

This M.O. is the M.O. of most men AND women in NYC! We live one on top of the other in this vertical city so that it's almost inevitable. Everybody wants to get the newest everything and improve their lives constantly. Changing partners fits that pattern. It's very damaging but there is one solution: MOVE!

It's easier to raise a family outside of NYC because it is also easier to stay in a marriage outside of the city :)

So I moved to Europe where things are different. Check it out!

Anonymous said...

All I can say on that is.. men w/ "MO's" is something I never thought could happen to anyone I know, let alone me... and it did.. It was right out of a "life Time Movie"... a really bad one!! Be carefull ladies.. they are out there, too many! The more "to good to be true".. the better the chance that there not.. true that is!!

Anonymous said...

He clearly isn't dedicated to his work.

I'd fire him.

Anonymous said...

I have a girlfriend who's husband works in finance. And she knows from being in that world that most of the married men cheat on their wives in that buisness. It's really easy to cheat on your wife when you set your own hours. She has even had suspicion of her own husband at times. I personally feel that men are biologically inclined to cheat and the ones that don't have bigger hearts than their dicks. They see the joy of giving up their own selfish desires for the love of someone else. Men like that are hard to find but they are out there. My dad is one of those men. Peace

Anonymous said...

Or women? Some men behave this way until they meet the right one. And, hopefully they have their priorities in order then. My brother was seeing 2 other women when he met his wife. He got to know her and found she was it. He had his fun and will always be faithful. It’s the married men that feel like they’re missing out that behave badly. It all comes down to maturity and whether the person knows love.